Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hudson Taylor: A Man in Christ

I've just finished reading Roger Steer's Hudson Taylor: A Man in Christ (Paternoster /OMF: 2001; 1850784086). It is an amazing story about an amazing man - one who thought of himself as the little servant of a great Master, yet one who started a missionary society that pioneered the evangelisation of inland China and saw the baptism of over 18,000 Chinese Christians in about 50 years.

I was somewhat hesitant about reading another Christian biography, after finding Walker's work on Calvin very hard-going. But this book is engaging from the first page and the short chapters made it ideal for reading on the London Underground (where I seem to be spending a fair bit of time lately).

I cannot do justice to this book here, however hard I try. All I will say is this: READ IT!

No comments: