Tuesday, May 29, 2007

End of an era ...

I now have in my possession a yellow slip of paper that proves that I handed my thesis in at the Examination Schools at 12:13 on 1st June, 2007. That event draws a line under my graduate research in Oxford and I've now turned over and begun to fill a blank page with a new chapter in my life.

On Saturday I relocated to London and I am spending this week observing lessons in the school that have appointed me to teach chemistry from September. It seems a little bit strange returning to a life governed by 'the bell' - but in many ways it feels like coming home and I'm very much looking forward to starting properly in September. I think that it would be unprofessional to share personal views on my work in an open forum such as this (though please be re-assured that I'm getting delusions of grandeur thinking that anyone actually reads these ramblings). Henceforth, therefore, I hope to cut out the (really rather dull) autobiographical stuff on this blog, and return it to being what it says on the tin ... a blog about Chemistry, Ferns and other musings ...

No comments: