Monday, July 03, 2006

A busy few days

It's been really busy these past few days. The good news is that my finger is healing up well. When I took the steristrips off on Saturday morning it really didn't look pretty, but it has dried out quite well. I thought the doctor did a pretty good job of closing it up, since the original wound was about twice as wide. I was talking to a friend who is a doctor yesterday night and he thought a stitch or two might have helped it, but that it didn't matter much either way.

Saturday was spent playing around with PA stuff at church. We re-organised the equipment at in the control desk cupboard and fitted new patch cabling. We also identified the cable runs for at least 2 older PA installs and checked which sockets worked around the church as well as some supposedly new cable installations. This was all occassioned by the need to install a brand new mixer desk (a Yamaha MG24/14) which is really cool. A long but fun day.

Yesterday was a typical Sunday but with the added panic of 2 deadlines to be met today (Monday): my quarterly progress report and a book proposal review that I had agreed to do for a publisher. I've been working away at both of them for a week or so, but only finished the review at 1.30pm and the report at 4.30pm.

Phew.

Just everything else to catch up on now ... I hope my finger will be sufficiently better than I can do some labwork on Wednesday. One other exiting (if slightly geeky) thing that I've done is to edit a .wav file for my mobile ring tone. Now it plays Noel Coward singing "I'm old fashioned" (my theme song) whenever I get a call. I like the irony of that!

No comments: