Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back in Oxford

For the first time in nearly three and a half years, I've managed to spend 3 weeks away from Oxford (well, almost - I came back for a day because we were moved out of our laboratory at very short notice). I spent most of that time at home, but also went twice to Norfolk. It's been a restful time, and I have made some progress on my thesis (I have at least started all the chapters now). But today - amidst a flurry of packing up, driving down, unloading and supermarket shopping - I'm back in Oxford.

I'm sitting in the lab now, filling in some time before going to church and pondering on what the next couple of months have in store.

  • First and foremost, they must see an end to the lab work. I have a little bit left to do, but as is always the case with research, one can never quite be sure how it is going to work out.
  • Secondly, I need to get on with writing my thesis - I don't want it dragging on for ever.
  • Thirdly, I need to get on with the review article I'm meant to be writing.
  • Fourthly, I need to find some employment in Oxford to carry me through until the summer.
  • Fifthly, I need to work out what I'm going to do next year (though I have made a little progress on this)

It's going to be busy!

No comments: